Wooster Township Road Department is located at 838 Heyl Road, Wooster. We maintain 34.5 road miles in Wayne County. We are responsible for snow removal, road mainenantence, signage, edge of the road mowing, etc.
- Snow plowing is typically handeled by 2 to 3 people unless a heavy snow storm comes through then we staff enough people for 4 plow trucks.
- We try to chip and seal a certain amount of roads and pave a certain number of Twp. roads per year depending on funding. We apply to the Ohio Public Works Grant annually for funding to cover the cost of major road repairs. For 2013, we recieved the grant for $275,000, and completed the repaving of the Scenic Heights Allotment and widening of Batdorf Road South of Scenic Heights.
- We check to make sure the road signs are in place once per week and are currently in the process to make the signs more reflective.
- We try to mow the berms along the Township roads 3 to 4 times per year depending on weather.
- We also maintain the street lighting along township roads.
Wooster Township Road Department currently has 1 full-time employee and several part-time employees. We have a 2010 Freightliner Dump Truck, 2007 Ford F-750 Dump Truck, 2008 Ford F-450 Dump Truck and a 2006 Ford F-350 Pickup Truck. All of these trucks have plowing capabilities. We also have a 2014 John Deer Tractor/loader that is used for road mowing in the summer and loading trucks in the winter.
If you have a question or comment about a County Road, please visit the following website for details and contact information:
If you have a question or comment about a State Route or US Highway, please visit the following website for details and contact information: